Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Fun in CR

So, just in time for Thanksgiving, the portion of Cedar Rapids I live in has come under a water advisory. Apparently a busted pipe allowed soil to get in to the water supply and now we are under a boil advisory until at least tomorrow morning at 8 am. My answer to this was simple: boil some water and go out and buy a 12 pack of Aquafina. No big.

But oh the people of Cedar Rapids, despite all kinds of information in the article itself, decided to start to panic and we have proof of it on local news station KCRG’s web page. The article itself is here for anyone who wants to enjoy the hilarity. Some great examples of the stupidity of America are as follows, and this doesn’t even include all the people thinking that some kind of conspiracy to keep this information from the people of the city may have occured.

Today at 2:52 PM CONCERNED wrote ...
WITHIN THE LAST 10 MINUTES THIS BREAKING NEWS HAS SPREAD LIKE CANCER HERE AT WORK PANICKING ALL WHO HEARD THE WORD....MOSTLY BECAUSE WE HAVE BEEN DRINKING THE WATER ALOT WITHIN THE PAST FEW HOURS...WERE WE TOO LATE? ARE WE ALL GONNA DIE? OMG HELP US!

Anyone else ever wonder how some people still don’t understand how to turn a caps lock button off.

Today at 3:42 PM SARA wrote ...
SHOULD I LET THE WATER COOL DOWN BEFORE I DRINK IT?
I’m not even sure what this one means:
Today at 3:48 PM Love This City wrote ...
Mr. Prosser and his puppet coucil will probably only want to repair only 90% of the break with their 10% unrelenting cutback. Just have to buy property and give tax abatements rather than provide for needs of the greater number of citizens,
And someone might want to let him know that sentences generally end with periods.

Today at 3:50 PM caz wrote ...
Yep it's 3:30pm and I just heard. Why so long getting this out. Did all the city personal take a early Thanksgiving. My whole family has been drinking water all day. Oh my god are we all going to be sick on turkey day!! Thanks for the delayed warning
Oh, look, someone else who can’t CONTROL the VOLUME of HIS voice:
Today at 3:53 PM UNHAPPY CAMPER wrote ...
HEY EVERYBODY, THIS HAPPENED AT 7:30 THIS MORNING AND WE WERE ALERTED AN HOUR AGO? ARE WE ALL GUINEA PIGS JUST TO SEE HOW FAR THEY CAN PUSH IT, ARE WE STATISTICS TO USE FOR THE FUTURE? I DONT THINK SO! WE PAY WATER BILLS AND DEMAND BETTER SERVICE!!!
This one scares me because I think it is from an elderly person, who honestly, should really know how to spell better than this.
Today at 3:55 PM Verry concerned wrote ...
I cooked a lot of food' what now do I have to start all over. I just found out about this. My sister called me and told me,will my pet's get sick too. and what are the side affects. does it affect people on meds or diabets
Wow, and those are just highlights from the first 45 minutes of the article being up. I can’t help but shake my head. It amazes me sometimes how stupid humanity can be. Everyone have a Happy Turkey Day.

In the meantime, OMG, I’M GOING TO DIE!!!,

No comments: