Saturday, March 1, 2008

Why I do this thing...

Sometimes, I find myself really wondering if my push to bring superhero fiction to the world through Metahuman Press is really worth it. The fan base for the fiction seems small, even though in the book market it can sell hundreds of thousands of copies.

But then I find something like this and my heart leaps with joy. A teenage girl in Singapore of all places obsessed with superhero fiction? That can’t be anything but a good thing.

Anyway, I want to let everyone know that I plan to get Mean Streets moving again by the end of the month. Expect the storyline to take some unexpected twists in the near future as everything that has happened so far is just prologue. Ominous, I know...

And who doesn’t love the team of Death Ray and Bob Cat. Man, I love those names. They are just awesome. Really.

And one last tidbit: Neil Gaiman posted this animated gif at his site, and I just loved it. Awesome use by someone of a bright shining moment from the first few issues of Sandman in a political ad.

No comments: