Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Out For Vengeance 3 Notes

With our latest chapter, we know who our hero is; now it is time to move in to the future. Chapter three is all about the relaunch of the character for the new millenium.

In case I have not made it obvious, Vengeance actually takes his origins from two golden age characters melded with a character I designed while still in my teens. Black Fury and the far better known Black Terror were ridiculously similar characters from 1941 and 1942 respectively. Terror was by far the better success and lasted years past the disappearance of Black Fury. But both characters were similar enough for me to combine in to one character... a character we will learn much more about the history of soon.

And, yes, I am aware of the Black Terror’s many powers. We will learn the history of them soon as well.

Kimiko and the Dragon’s Skull and Vengeance’s history from both is the major subplot of the first volume of Out For Vengeance, so forgive me if this flashback ends abruptly. The rest of the flashback will play a far more important role in an upcoming chapter.

An important modern day subplot finishes out our story. Who stole Gila? You should know by now I am not going to ruin it quite that easily. More soon.

No comments: