Thursday, October 4, 2007

Arc, as promised

Well, here it is the first preview of my upcoming project with Mr. AJ Rainford-Nash of south London, England. How did an artist from the United Kingdom come to work with a writer from eastern Iowa. Well, pretty much sheer luck and the power of Digital Webbing. More luck though IMHO, as previous attempts to find artists on Digital Webbing proved to pretty much be a crap shoot.

But luch be with us, it is me and Jay in this together. It was fate I think as the man shares my two favorite modern comic writers: two gentlemen by the names of Kirkman and Bendis. Jay’s been drawing as long as I have been writing: pretty much forever, and you can see it in the quality of the man’s art. With him on the art side, I am more excited by Arc than I have been in any of my writing in months.

Arc is the story of the superhero of the same name. But she isn’t a typical superhero. I see her as the modern equivalent of the classic Marvel characters: a product of her time with flaws and character traits taken from everyday life.

That’s all you’re getting for now, other than an early character design by the aforementioned Mr. Rainford-Nash, with the starting designs of Arc’s face.



More sample art soon and a few tidbits with them, I promise.

No comments: