Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Back on track

All right the last few bits of cold have finally worked their way out of my system, thank the Lord.

I have started the first phase of the graphical overhaul of Metahuman Press with the debut of my new Mean Streets banner. This banner will fill the second position on the main site whenever I don’t have a second story to post on Wednesday. (BTW, anyone wondering where Epsilon is should only wait two weeks. I will post it in place of this month’s episode of Freedom Patton. Both stories will return to their regular position next month.)

I have finished writing Charon so everyone can look forward to that appearing on Halloween today as our special fifth week feature for this month. I plan on doing a special fifth week story any time they occur (four times a year) with Charon rotating with various other works by myself (and maybe others if I receive any interest).

I promise I will get the first Arc previews posted up here soon. I finished my second (and almost final, barring any suggestions from my fine artist, Mr. Jay Rainford-Nash) earlier this week. We have just finished the final character designs for what proved to be the toughest character, one Shania Wilder, who will be one of the two main characters in the book, alongside the title character of course. Jay is working on a couple teaser images and I will work on some banner art from that. After that production will begin in earnest, with Jay as penciler/inker and myself as writer/letterer. For the time being, I will probably keep the book black and white, unless we find (which we hopefully will) a publisher willing to put the thing on the market. I am currently eyeing the new Boom as a strong possibility but we will see how things work out as we continue production on the book. No matter what, I will see Arc published, even if I have to do it myself. And with the number of avenues available for the small press comic creator, that shouldn’t be a problem either.

So make sure you keep your eye on this site(whether it be at www.evolutioncomics.com or at takethehelm.blogspot.com/) as I hopefully will get the first preview up tomorrow. Really, I mean it this time.

No comments: