Monday, February 25, 2008

Comic Review: Grendel Behold the Devil #4

Yeah, so we’re half way through this series and I’m still not quite sure what to think about it. I’m enjoying it don’t get me wrong, but I am not sure if I find it necessary. It seems to me to be more cashing in on the popularity of Hunter Rose more than it is anyway moving forward either the story or concept of Grendel. Admittedly, I’m a latecomer to Hunter; my first exposure to the Grendel mythos was Warchild (when I was almost certainly too young to be reading said book). I’ve since read pretty much the entire Grendel saga except for a stray Christina Spar issue or two. But something just doesn’t feel the same with this one.

Still, we’re only half way through, and Wagner’s swerved me with way better second halves of his work before, especially with his Batman work. Lord knows if it’s Matt so I will buy it. Hell, I’m planning on buying a freaking Madame Xanadu series now. Anyway, here’s hoping for a strong finish for Behold the Devil, and maybe some Mage 3 next year!

No comments: