Thursday, June 12, 2008

Flood of '08: Railroad bridge R.I.P.

Yeah, we have one less bridge in the city of Cedar Rapids as of three hours ago. Now we finally have pictures of it, again thanks to the fine folks at Gazette Online.


This is the bridge as of a couple hours ago. More of it has collapsed since then, and all those railroad cars are now underwater. This has created a major rapids situation over downtown and left the southwest side of town under several feet of water.

This will be my last update for a couple hours at least. I am going to attempt to get some sleep finally. I may very well go back to my job later tonight (take that, day off!) as many of my coworkers may not be able to make it though to their job.

Keep praying with everyone in the Cedar Rapids and eastern Iowa area. This is far from over.

No comments: